Friday, February 27, 2009

Good Grief!

Since I don't really want to clean at the moment... I decided to read my own blog. I went back from the beginning and read all my post until now. What I read made me cringe. Seriously. One of my pet peeves are parents that brag about their kids all the time while making them out to be perfect. And that is exactly how I came off in my blog. Sorry guys. I sooo don't want to be one of those people.

I have a friend that swears her kids never argue or bicker. All I have to say about that is BULL CRAP. I have never seen two (or more) kids live in the same house with out fighting. I believe her about that as much as I believe she is a real redhead. LOL.

I don't have much of a problem with Chase about fussing with his brothers. But man, Trey and Trevor will fight from the time they wake up until they go to sleep. I finally got so tired of it that I went a little bit psycho on them. One day when I picked them up from school, as soon as they got into the car, they started. It even came to blows in the back seat of the car. All because Trevor beat Trey to the right side of the back seat. They both always want the right side. I don't know why, but they do. So I went into psycho mom mode on them. When they came home, I made them go straight to bed. They had to stay there with no tv, games, or even books. And I kept checking on them so they wouldn't go to sleep. I told them that if they continued to act like that in life, they'd end up in jail someday. I wanted to get the point across at how very bad that would be, so I told them they were in kid prison for the rest of the day. At dinner time, all they got to eat was a bologna sandwich with water to drink. After dinner, they each got to take a 5 minute shower (I set a timer). And then it was back to bed with lights out at 7. The next morning, they didn't have one ill word to say to each other.

Until that afternoon when Trey beat Trevor to the right side of the car. I knew that something else had to be done. So enter the "days of Trey and Trev".

I bought a calendar to hang on my fridge. And on it, I wrote Trey's name on one day, then Trev's on the next. Then the next day goes back to Trey. On their day, they get to be the one to chose everything first. They get the first choice of where they'll sit in the car, they get to go last in showering at night, and so on. So far, it is working out really good. And having it in writing on the calendar, they can't say it's their day when it's not. I wish I would have thought of this sooner. Now, if I can figure out a way to make them hang their jacket up with out being told, I'll be on a roll.

8 comments:

- said...

I personally don't think you come off that way at all. I mean it's normal to be proud of your kids and to talk about them...that's what moms do. I don't think you were trying to make them sound "Perfect" what so ever! I think you were just sharing your joy with us.

Percy THE Gnome said...

You don't come off that way at all, you are proud of your kids, it's not bragging..you love them there is a difference.

LOL about psycho mom mode.

Bridgett said...

I have to agree with Britt...I don't think you've come off as the 'My kid's shit doesn't stink' mom. LOL

You have a right to be proud of those three boys, Mon. They're great kids.

And besides, this is YOUR journal. You write whatever you want, darnit! :)

XXOO

Bluegrass Mama said...

It's my first time here, so I can't comment on how your kids come across on your blog, but I'm LOL at the days. I'd probably just make one odd and one even, and Mom gets to assign on the 31st whenever it rolls around!

Anonymous said...

We all know its MY kids who are perfect so dont worry about that! Ha ha
Just kidding
I never thought you sounded like your kids were perfect, I thought you sounded like a normal proud mama. Like I hope I sound. :-D which I probably dont sound like that. I tend to leave off the bad things my kids do but not because I want people to perceive them to be perfect, but because I like to expand on the good and forget the bad!
I like your baloney sandwich and water idea ha ha ha ha ha
I'm gonna have to implement that when my kids fight and yes they do and yes its annoying when people say their kids never argue or fight. I just dont believe it usually. Its called sibling rivalry!

Chris said...

LMAO over kid prison. You better be careful. Obama is closing Gitmo....kid prison may be next on his list:)

Windy said...

Too funny! I don't think you come across that way, and I like reading about what's going on. My kids are the same way. Our calendar is marked for bath time. They switch off every other day going first, and would always swear they did it first the day before, so I fixed that!

Terri said...

You don't come across that way at all Monica...your just proud of your boys..it's just natural to want to share things about your kids on your blog...I love hearing about them....

LOL@ how you dealt with the boys...hey whatever works! :)

Hugs
Terri

P.S.
Your blog looks great love the header