Sunday, March 1, 2009

I want Sushi dang it!

Can someone please tell me how to keep this template and make my blog cute? I like the way the pics are shown in full size on this one. But I don't like the plain white background and black writing. Is there a way to change the color of the background and font? And what about the cute headers? How do you make those? I have photo shop, but I have no idea how to use it. I am helpless when it comes to all that jazz. I wish I were creative, but I'm not. If I tried to make my own header, what size does it need to be?

Anyway, yesterday was Trey's Governor's Cup competition. He didn't place in his written test
:( Booooo. But he did awesome in the quick recall portion of the competition. He answered every question for his team except one. He answered 8 in the first round and 7 in the second. I was beyond proud of him.

We went to the movies this week. Twice. To watch the same movie. We don't really like to watch movies at the cinema. The cinema in our town is old and it is always cold. So we usually just wait for it to come out on pay per view or DVD. But my kids wanted to go watch 'Madea goes to Jail'. Much to my surprise, we all loved it. The boys and I went to watch it with my sister and a few of our friends. We all knew Greg would love it too, so we went back with him. It was so funny. It also had a serious story line to it. It was by far the best Madea movie yet. So if you want to be entertained for an hour or so, watch it!

What else, what else? Humm... I'm craving sushi hard core. I mean I really really want some. I live in the middle no where in a very small town. So of course there is no sushi to be found. I have to drive 1.5 hours to find any. I have been watching videos on you tube and a few cooking websites on how to make your own. I'm seriously considering trying it. Have any of you guys tried to make your own? I think I'll start off by trying to make California Rolls. I found some good kits online that aren't very costly, so even if I never try to make it again, I won't be out much for the kit. I have some pinto beans and corn bread cooking right now. Somehow, I don't think they'll satisfy me for dinner. I want sushi dang it!

6 comments:

Kaileigh said...

OMG I would go nuts if I couldn't find Sushi! We have a sushi bar on every corner and even at the grocery store here!

Chris said...

If I could make sushi....I wouldn't. ;)

Alexis and Brett (20 y/o) love it, but Trevor (9 y/o) and I hate it. So we only do sushi when we go to teppanyaki style restaurants. They have theirs and we eat real food!

- said...

It looks like you got the color thing done. As for the header size it kinda varies, I mean I don't think that I make any header that is the same size. Just as long as it doesn't get cut off. But then again what may be small for your monitor may be huge on others. so it's all kind of dependable.

Anonymous said...

I've never had sushi! :-o
It looks like your figured out how to change colors etc. on your blog, looks good!

Percy THE Gnome said...

I like the new look of your journal..very cute.

Mmm sushi...You should def try making it at home. My uncle in Canada makes sushi all the time at the house.

Also, Madea goes to jail looks funny..I want to see it.

Bridgett said...

I can't do sushi unless it's the imitation crab meat. The smell turns my stomach. I have a super sensitive sense of smell.

Your blog looks fabulous!

And WTG, Trey! WooHoo!

XOXO