Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life changes? Maybe.

I realized today that I have no spring clothes that fit me. How did I not notice that I've gained that much weight this winter? Actually, I don't think I started gaining until I quit working. I have became so sluggish.

I've been thinking about going back to work. I saw 2 of the guys from work this weekend and they were both telling me how much they need me back there. So I'm thinking it over. I liked my job, I just felt like I didn't have any time for my home. I wanted to be Suzy homemaker. But I realize now that I will never be Suzy. Ever. I don't like cleaning, crafting, or cooking. Which is what I envisioned myself doing when I decided to quit. What I have actually done, is veg out with my husband all morning (he works nights). Then I'd rush around getting everything around the house finished up before the boys got home from school.

I'm still not 100% sure I'll go back. But its something that is cooking in my brain. I am pretty sure that my boss will hire me back. He told me he was going to hold my job in case I wanted to come back. And so far, he hasn't filled it yet. So I might go down and talk to him tomorrow.

I'lll let you know more tomorrow. I'm going to take today to go over the pros and cons with my family. I think it should be a family decision if I do decide to go back.

**I am headed out to spend the day with Greg's family. So I didn't have time to proof read this. Sorry if it's all over the place.

7 comments:

Terri said...

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide Monica...how nice of them to hold your position for you in case you wanted to come back....

Hugs
Terri

Chris said...

Alexis has gone back and forth on working. She has been a SAHM 3 or 4 times since 2000 and always ends up going back to work.

Rose said...

Hope your decision makes you happy whatever it is.

Hugs,Rose

Anonymous said...

I wonder if your boss could be flexible and give you Fridays off, or Wednesdays or whatever. That way you could be Suzy one day a week when you really want to be. You know if he is willing to hold your job for so long, he might be willing to do this for you.

Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Bridgett said...

Honestly, at this point, I can't imagine going back to work at this point. I love staying home. But I hope you make the decision that's right for you and your family.

Good luck!

XOXO

Bluegrass Mama said...

I haven't worked full-time since my oldest was born in 1985. I have worked part-time almost half that time, and that's worked out well for me. A couple of days off a week makes a huge difference. Of course, it makes a big difference in the paycheck, too...