Thursday, February 19, 2009

My blogger friends.

Recently, Nancy (who is my favorite West Coast girl!) and Bridgett did an entry about friendship. They each named me in their posts as being a friend. Which really touched me. I loved reading their posts. I remember back when I first started reading journals in j-land. I was more of a reader than a writer. Which is pretty much the same as I am today. I love to read about all your lives.... When the myspace thing became popular, is when I really got to know most of my good j-land friends. Some of my favorite times have been sitting around on a Friday night talking to all my j-land friends that bonded together on myspace through a group that Brittany started called the L.A. girls. (don't ask what that stands for lol!). Those were some good times.

I also 'met' Terri through j-land. I live in the same state as she does, and maybe one of these days we will be able to meet up and go do some bargain shopping together since she is so good at it!

And then there is Tricia... She is pregnant with her 3rd child and lives far away from her family. I relate so much to that because I was in her shoes 9 years ago. So when I read some of her posts about being homesick I really know what she is going through. She is a great mom and I am happy that I have found her through our mutual j-land friends.

I am so happy to call all you girls friends. I hope we stay in contact for many many years to come!

**NOTE**
I would have put the cute little 'friendship award' graphic in this post, but it wouldn't let me add pics. I always have a hard time adding pics to this blog for some reason. IDK, maybe it's something I'm doing wrong?

6 comments:

Bridgett said...

The LA! hahahahahahaa

Now there's a name I haven't thought of for awhile! LOL

It's a shame we let those Friday night get-togethers stop. They were so much fun.

Love you, Mon!
And I still want you to do my hair! :D

- said...

OMG i remember the LA...I think it's the XOXO now, under totally different ownership.

Who would have thought that something I started years ago is still going.

How exactly are you trying to put images in here?
I don't use the blogger way, I use photobucket.

Monica said...

I was using the blogger way. I hadn't thought of using photobucket. Thanks Britt. I should have asked you about it a long time ago. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sometimes if pictures are too big, I cant add them to blogger, and have to resize them. If you have a really good security system firewall that could be causing you to be unable to upload pictures.
Photobucket is a good way to go too.

I never got to be an LA girl! I remember seeing the xoxo group though and thinking, what the heck is that? LOL

Terri said...

Awww thanks Monica and Congrats you are so deserving of that award!

I do hope we can someday meet...my dream meeting for you and I would be going to a Daughtry concert together...and a day of bargain shopping together for sure!!!

Fun fun fun... :) Maybe someday

Hope your having a good weekend

Hugs
Terri

Rose said...

Love you blog and photos.

Hugs,Rose