Friday, February 13, 2009

W-O-W!!

I am quite possibly the proudest momma ever! :) :) :)

Chase's basketball team played their last ball game of the year last night. It was very sad to see Chase play his last game ever for that team. He will go on to high school next year. But his last game ended on a GREAT note. He was voted by the radio station as player of the game!!! He only scored 2 points in the game last night, but he played his butt off on defense. Greg didn't get to go to the game, but he did listen to it on the radio. He said the sports commenter said this about Chase "That kid might not put a lot of points up every game, but you won't find a better defense player in this whole county". Man, talk about being proud of a kid. He was so excited. He wouldn't show much excitement at the game, but he couldn't stop talking about it once he got in the car. He was trying to act all cool about it in front of his friends. LOL

I am kicking my own butt over and over because I forgot my camera! Uggh!

Our kids have been learning about the Civil War for the past several weeks at school. Chase's class put on a play for the whole school. You know how hard it is for 8th grade boys to want to be in a play, but the teacher made it part of their grade. So they were all trying their best. They worked hard to make their play a good one. Chase and his best friend had to get into a fight in one scene. It was so realistic that Trevor got scared while we were watching it because he thought that they were really starting to fight. LOL. Chase also got shot in one scene. It was such a good play! And guess what? Once again, I forgot my camera! But luckily, they will be doing it for the public again on Monday night. Yesterday's performance was just for the school, it was kinda of a dress rehearsal for the "big night". I will definitely take my camera on Monday.

I can't believe how fast this school year is flying by! It seems like it was just yesterday that they started school. It will be the last year all my kids are in the same school. I love the school they go to, I'm glad Trevor and Trey have several more years there.

Trey is preparing to compete in the Governor's Cup competition. It's a competition for the Academic teams to compete against each other. Plus, they have individual test for the students to take. You have to be chosen by your teachers to get to compete in it. It is a very prestigious thing to be chosen to represent your school. Trey gets to do it every year. This year, he is testing in Science and Language Arts. I am very proud of him for working so hard and getting chosen again this year to compete.

I have 30 cupcakes to make for the Valentines Day party at school. I didn't even know until late last night that I had to do it. I HATE to bake. Even something simple as cupcakes. I love to decorate the cupcakes, but I hate the actual baking. This year, I am going to attempt to make the marshmallow lollipops for Trey and Trevor's classes. I got the idea from the Grace Violet blog. You can go here to see what they are.

Well, I'm off to take the boys to school and then I have to come back and get busy making all this stuff for their parties. Wish me luck on the cupcakes. LOL

Oh yeah, Happy Friday the 13th!

5 comments:

- said...

They never play school games on the radio here in Massachusetts. I think they are on the public access channel a few days after but not live.

Congrats Chase!

Bridgett said...

You have a reason to be proud, mommy!

Your boys are becoming wonderful young men.

Good luck on the cupcakes!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hurray for your kids! Youa re a great mom so be proud!
Wow you still get to bake for school, at our district we are only allowed to bring store bought cupcakes etc. Seriously, not allowed to cook or bake anything for the class which is a bummer I think.

Windy said...

Way to go Chase!
I agree with you on this school year flying by - I can't believe that it's the middle of Feb already!

Chris said...

You should be proud of them! Way to go boys!