Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random facts about me

*I hate fruit pies.
*I was a cheerleader for 5 years.
*I ate my first bite of beef in over 3 years on vacation 2008.
*I walk my husband to the door every time he leaves.
*I have done this since we've been married.
*I've only NOT done it about 4 times in the last 17 years.
*I would rather read about doing something rather than actually doing it.
*For example, I have tons of books about cleaning and organizing the home.
*I also collect cook books.
*And I don't really like to cook.
*My favorite cookbook is titled "Quickies in the kitchen".
*I used to hardly watch any tv at all.
*But lately, I find myself watching often.
*The shows I watch are:
Jon & Kate plus 8
The Real Housewives of Orange County
American Idol
Big Love
The United States of Tara
Entourage
*But I usually have to catch Re-runs of these shows (except AI) Because I'm never home.
*My kids have been studying the Civil War for the past month in school.
*They had 2 days of activities and plays at the school this week
*Local TV stations and Newspapers were there.
*I was running late to get there by the time the teacher wanted me there(I was asked to help out) so I wore a sports tee and jeans and my Nike shox.
*I NEVER go out looking like that.
* And I ended up being both on TV and in the paper.. GAH!
*I recently learned that Mary Todd Lincoln had seances in the White House.
*In high school my class had to do a family tree. I found out I was related to the teacher.
*We were also related to Jesse James.
* I love to play DVD board games.
*I am a sports fanatic
*My love of reading started in 4th grade when our teacher read Pippy Longstocking out loud to us every day.
*I am not an animal lover.
*But my kids are.
*They would love to have a pet, but 3 of us have allergies that prevent it.
*My first pregnancy lasted 5 months.
*My baby died and they had to induce my labor.
*It was so hard to go through that pain knowing I wouldn't be rewarded with a healthy baby at the end of it.
*His name is Cole and he would have been almost 16.
*I can't imagine how different life would have been had that not happened.
*I think I am a better mother because of it.
* I just quit my job in January.
*I am still happy that I quit,
*but I want to start in school in August.
*I am going to the college to talk to the advisor sometime this month.
*I plan on going back to major in Nursing again.
*I was in Nursing school before, but I ran out of money for school when Greg got laid off from work.
* I didn't want to take out student loans.
* I still don't want to go down the loan route.
*I love the Shopaholic series of books.
*But the movie doesn't seem to be much like the book.
*But I plan on watching it anyway.
*I also loved the Twilight series.
*But I didn't really much like the movie
*I was raised in a very religious home.
*But I rarely attend church these days.
*Just because I don't practice religion doesn't mean I don't believe
*I do pray every night.
*It makes me feel peaceful.
*I like to thank God for all the blessings I have in my life.
* We always have season passes to Dollywood every year.
*I used to love roller coasters.
*But since I was in a car accident, I can't ride them like I used to.
*It hurts my neck for days when I ride them
*I really really want to go to NYC someday.
*Someday soon.
*I'm going back to Myrtle Beach SC again this year for vaca.
*I didn't think I would be able to come up with many random things about me
*I guess I was wrong.

9 comments:

- said...

I think it's funny that you like to collect cook books but don't really cook LMAO

Tricia said...

Your a nut, these were great!! Glad I'm not the only who dones't love animals. LOL
Jesse james,nice!
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Hm, quickies in the kitchen might give some people some ideas, ha ha

Out of all your tv shows we only have one in common, American Idol. Did you watch it last night? I couldnt believe Lenesha Young went home, though her singing of love song was not great I thought she had more potential than some of those that stayed.

Bridgett said...

And here I thought I knew a lot about you! There's many things here I didn't know.

I'm sorry about Cole, Mon. :(

So many of these things were funny though. :D

XOXO

Easton wife said...

I liked these! I changed my blog name and it looks like people have to re follow ugh sorry ! http://vivalacass.blogspot.com/ Cass

Windy said...

Love your list! I went to NYC about 4 years ago and it was the best trip ev.er! I hope to get to go back someday!

Terri said...

I love random facts getting to know my friends better...

I am so sorry about your loss of Cole...Monica I had no idea..big hugs!

I like cookbooks too but cooking isn't my favorite thing to do..lol

Way to go on going back to school for nursing!!!

I love Jon & Kate + 8 and Real Housewives of Orange County...and you know I am an AI addict...lol

Hugs
Terri

Mom said...

Hey these are great random things.
I'm sorry to learn about Cole. I cannot imagine.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back soon.

Mom said...

Hey these are great random things.
I'm sorry to learn about Cole. I cannot imagine.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back soon.