Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Day hits and misses







Do you remember the 30 cupcakes I had to make for the V-day party on Friday? Well, I seriously hate baking. I mean really hate it. I don't care to cook at all if it doesn't involve baking. I just stink at it. So I wasn't happy at all when I had to make the cupcakes. I told the boys to NEVER volunteer me for cupcakes again. I will make anything else but those. I don't know why I have an aversion to baking cupcakes. I wish I felt the same about eating them. LOL. They turned out kinda messy looking. I had planned on bringing out my cake decorating kit and making them really pretty. But I was running so behind on Friday morning (which is when I made them. I should have done it on Thur night) I didn't have enough time to decorate them like I wanted. I ended up just throwing on the icing and then putting on sprinkles. The sprinkles were cute though. I love sprinkles. I always buy seasonal sprinkles.






I made about 75 of the marshmallow pops. They were a huge success. The kids loved them! They were all impressed with them. They were pretty easy to make and it was fast once I got going. Those will probably be my signature treat from now on. LOL. I can already see doing them for the Easter party. I'll dip them in yellow chocolate and use pastel sprinkles.






I took pics of them. Don't laugh at the cupcake mess. I tried. Oh, and even if they were ugly, the kids still ate them. hah!
Tonight was the play at school that Chase's class has been working on for about 3 weeks. They did such a good job. I will write about that later and post a few pics. I also have some pics Greg and I took on our Valentines 'date'. We stopped on the side of the road and took some pics of the mountains. I tell ya, I live in a beautiful place. Just wait... When you see the pics, you'll think I do too. :) I can't wait until the trees get leaves back on them. I'll take pics then too.
I have all these plans for future posts. But I always get busy and end up not posting. I really want to get in the habit of regular posting here. I would love to be able to look back on past entries to read some of these post to bring back memories. I wish I would have migrated my AOL journal over here. I know I didn't post much there, but I would have liked to have had it here anyway. Sigh..... Lesson learned I guess.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the cupcakes look great! But what I really want to know is how do you make marshmallow pops? I want to make those!!!

Bridgett said...

I don't think you cupcakes look bad at all. Trust me when I say, mine would have looked worse. LOL

XOXO

Monica said...

Nancy, I sent you an email with the link to the tutorial for the pops. I thought I had left a link in my last post.

Anonymous said...

You're right the link was there! I'm just a spaz... :-D

Easton wife said...

I will have to try the pops, don't worry my baking stinks and those look good. The kids will eat mine anyway, sloppy or pretty lol.

Terri said...

I think you did a great job girl!

If I was nominated to make that many I would just go buy some..haha

I am terrible aren't I ? :)

Can't wait to see your Valentines pics

Hugs
Terri