Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Okay, so I have this friend. Her name is Bridgett. She has the cutest lil family. She has a son named Parker and a daughter Autumn. Her son is Autistic. Even though she is an RN, she has renounced modern medicine in a way. She is trying (and succeeding) in healing Parker of his Autism with natural remedies. Recently, she started a new blog. It's all about holistic healing. You can read all about it here .

A few years ago, I was in a car accident. I had a neck injury in the accident. Since then I suffer (and I do mean suffer!!) from migraines. I usually have 2-3 a month. Some aren't so bad. I can still do daily routines and get through the day. But then there are times when I am down for the count from them. Those are the ones that have me throwing up and laying in the bathroom floor in the dark. The docs have put me on so many different meds for them. The only thing that really helps is Phenergan. It's for nausea and it knocks me out. So basically, I end up sleeping the migraine off. The migraines seem to be getting worse over time. They are more frequent now than ever before. Also, a few years back, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. The only symptoms I have are the headaches and the neck pain. The doc touched me in certain places on my body, and it was really painful in the places he touched. I guess that is one way of diagnosing Fibromyalgia. But to me, it doesn't seem like a very good indicator for a disease. I won't take Lyrica for the Fibro. I feel like the side effects would be hurt more than the meds would help. I am weary of medications. Something they say is a miracle drug today will be the next big class action law suit tomorrow. I am going to start researching some natural remedies for migraines and Fibromyalgia. Who knows, maybe I can do some homeopathic medicines to help with the headaches.

It's 10:37 and my kids are STILL awake. They're in the bed, but still awake. I guess I need to get off this computer and make them go to sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica...
I didnt know you were diagnosed with fibromyalgia! Wow, I will have to keep my eyes open for things that could help that. I had migraines for three years straight following the birth of Isabel. The doctor tried everything and I even had an MRI on my head. After many drugs I said, enough. some of those drugs made my migraines WORSE. I stopped taking everything. I figured fine, my head will just explode but I am not taking anything else. But within 3 days the Migraines stopped. I didnt have another for two solid years. Then I had a small one, but I think it has to do with gluten, when I eat too much bready things I start to get headachey again and I know I have to stop eating that kind of thing.
I have come to believe my headaches were started by the pregnancy hormones and then continued by overuse of medications. That was it. If I had never seen a dr for my migraines they would have stopped sooner! LOL
Anyway, this is too long. In answer to your question on my blog..yes I bought the quarter keepers from Bridgett. She has a store called Love, Boo. I have one too (just click on the links on my page and you will see it) We started them at the same time at Amazon. So now I buy stuff from her and she buys from me, because you cant buy your own stuff from your own store!!! I think we have each made about 15 dollars off the other, ha ha ha
We're so rich now! Ha ha

Bridgett said...

Hey Mon...I'm sending you an e-mail right now. It slipped my mind last night.

Get this...fibromyalgia is usually caused by yeast overgrowth. Guess what else? Often times, treating yeast and taking magnesium can prevent the headaches/migraines.

Hopefully we'll be able to get you fixed up!

I'm working on my mom and dad right now. LOL I'm helping her treat her yeast issues and him treat his cholesterol issues. I also have them both on immune boosters. If we all boosted our immune systems, we wouldn't need those nasty, mercury-filled flu vaccines. (They cause heavy metal toxicity, that leads to yeast overgrowth...you see where I'm going with this.)

Anyway, I'll e-mail you momentarily.

XOXO

p.s. Thank you for the kudos! It's appreciated more than you know.

- said...

Bridgett is awesome isn't she?
I'm so glad that her Holistic Journal is helping so many already...and with only one entry in!

Terri said...

Aww Monica I didn't know you had migraines several times a month and fibro...I have had migraines only about 3 times and they are so painful...all i wanted to do was lay down in the bedroom in the dark and try to sleep it off.. I hope you find some way of finding some comfort...with Bridgett's helpful information...

Hugs
Terri