Sunday, January 11, 2009

So...

I am officially a SAHM now. I am so excited! I went to the store yesterday and bought cleaning and organizing supplies. I plan on tackling my house tomorrow. I have so much to do around here. First, I plan on conquering Mt. Laundrypile.

I'm telling you, it is a shame at how much laundry I have. I found a new blog that had some tips on laundry that I plan to implement. The author has 5 (I think) kids and she keeps her laundry under control, so why can't I? My 3 boys are all old enough to help out here wayyyy more than they do now. Actually, they don't help out at all, so anything will be an improvement. LOL. Before I can get them to help I need to get it all organized first. I am a control freak and it has to be just right before I teach them what to do.

I am getting ready to sit down and plan out a menu for this week. I want to do anything I can to keep the stress level down. And one thing I HATE doing is cooking. Maybe if I plan out the meals I won't dread doing it so much. I want to cut back on what I spend on food also. At dinner tonight, I had my guys tell me some of their favorite meals. Surprisingly, they like the simple to cook meals. And bonus! They like the cheap things. LOL. I found a new blog that has recipes in it. She cooks meals like my guys like. Here is the link if you want to read it. We don't eat much red meat here. And none of us really like to eat meat with bones. LOL. She had some great crock pot meals also. Right up my alley! :)


We never get to eat together during the week. Greg leaves for work at 3:30pm, Chase has basketball practice from 3:00pm to 5:oopm, and Trey has basketball practice from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. So you can see why we never get to eat together. But on the weekends, we try to make it a point to sit down together and eat together. We always do our "best & worst" when we eat dinner together. We each go around and tell the best thing and worst thing that has happened this week. My kids never cease to amaze me at what they think is the best and worst. It makes me so proud of them if they say something like "the best thing that happened to me is that I got an A on my test". But then there are things like this that make me cringe LOL .... "the best thing that happened this week is that I accidentally let a SBD fart in class and no one knew it was me". Yeah, that's my kids for ya. LOL

**note SBD = silent but deadly in case you didn't know.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks Monica! I'm glad you like them...I usually neglect that blog for awhile then post like crazy once a month, so don't give up if you haven't seen new recipes for a week or so! Your blog is cute!

- said...

first of LMAO @ the SBD!
Second...i'm so happy that you have taken steps forward to improve your life and the life of your family!
GO YOU!

- said...

I have Supraventricular Tachycardia

Windy said...

You never know what boys are thinking, until they blurt it out! My 8 y/o comes up with some doozies!
I am excited for you that it is now "official". Stay busy and organized and look at this as your "job" and you will love it:)
PS I always buy store brands, too!

Terri said...

Enjoy being a SAHM...I know your gonna love being able to have the time to keep things in order around the house...

LOL@SBD...too funny

Gonna go check out the blog with the recipes...I am all about crockpot cooking

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

ugh why am I not getting your updates!!!!! I am subscribed to your blog so I dont know whats going on!! Well I will try to check on you more often!!!
Maybe I need to unsub then resub?

I like your best and worst idea.
gonna go check the recipes

Bridgett said...

Ooooh! I like the best and worst idea.

Not sure my kids would be very good at it yet though. LOL

BTW, the SBD sounds like something AUTUMN would be proud about. LOL

So you're not working anymore? Gah. Where have I been????

XOXO

Easton wife said...

Congrats! Let me know how the organizing goes, that is one of my resolutions!!