Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

I'm not going to make any resolutions this year. I always break them anyway. So this year, I'm just not gonna do it. I do have a few things I hope to change though..... Which I guess, is just a different way of saying "resolution" LOL.



** I want to have more fun this year. I hope to enjoy the little moments in my life. I don't want to let time pass by with out enjoying as much of it as I can!

** I want to get my house organized. I have way too much junk around here. I have been holding on to things that will never be used. I have so many school papers that the boys have brought home over the years. I will weed through them and keep the ones that mean the most to us (I'm going to get them in on the de-cluttering). And the rest, I might scan to my computer and then throw away. I also have a habit of holding on to clothes. I have so many things in my closet that I know I'll never wear again. Even if I lose the weight to get back into them, they are wayyy out of style! LOL

** And I hate to even put this in here... It is so cheesy (lol)... I hope to get healthier this year. I know everyone you talk to says they want to lose weight, or start exercising. But for me, it is all about health. I am getting older, and I now value my health more now than I did when I was younger. I want to be around for my children and my grand children (if I'm lucky enough to have any).

** I want to blog more of my life. I want to be able to look back at this in 20 years when my boys are grown and gone and read over my memories. I want to write about the things that probably won't stand out in my mind. You know, the little things that you let slip your mind because it just doesn't seem important enough to burn into your memory.

2008 was way better for us as a family than 2007. And I hope 2009 is even better than 2008.

Happy New Year friends!


**NOTE**
I'm looking for a new name for this blog. I'm not very creative, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

7 comments:

♥ Jenn ♥ said...

What about Monica's Daily Rambles? Or Monica's Life?

I'm not all that creative either ;)

I hope you succeed in changing those few aspects of your life you want to...I like them all. In fact, they are all things I could do too!!

Happy 2009!!

- said...

I think that you have some god things in mind for 2009.

I always break my resolutions as well. So i made a silly one...
I always get my nails done but then end up taking them off in a week..i'm going to try to keep them LOL

Ms.Emily said...

Hey Monica!!!

Its Emily! Im just now moving over here to blogger!!!

Loved your "changes" :)

Hope 2009 is the best year yet!!!

Here is my new link

xo
Emily

http://rightundermyfeet.blogspot.com/

Terri said...

We have alot of the same hopes for 2009...especially getting healthier and getting organized!

Names for your blog? hmmm

Heck let me think about it..I will have to email ya if i think of anything...i'm not very creative either...haha

Hugs
Terri

Windy said...

How about For the Luv of My Family - well, it's a little long typed out, but I like it!

There is a link to my blog but it got moved waaaaayyyy to the bottom under my description thing - I'm a computer dummy, too! I can only do something after someone shows me or gives really good (written) directions for:)

How's the no work thing - have you done it yet?

ggal2933 said...

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2009 :)

Gretchen

Bridgett said...

I don't think there's anything cheesy about getting healthier...I think it should be EVERYBODY'S priority. Good for you, love.

I'm like you...I have a closet full of clothes I was hoping I'd fit in again eventually, but the truth is, they're about 10 years out of style now. LOL

I think I'll be putting them in the yard sale and buying new when I finally get this damn weight off.

XOXO