Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's finally starting to feel like Christmas

We have been so busy around here that I just got my holiday decorating done. I actually put my tree up last week. It was an old artificial tree. I had it for years. I put it up this year knowing it would be my last year using it. I was hoping to find a new one after Christmas when they all get marked down. But my tree looked so sad and pitiful, I couldn't wait until next year. So I un-decorated my tree on Sunday morning. Then Greg and I went to visit his mom (more about her in a minute) in the hospital. We were driving by the Catholic church where they were selling real Christmas trees and wreaths. We decide to stop by and get a live tree. I am so glad we did. I LOVE it. It's a bit bigger than I wanted, but it looks so much better than any tree I've ever had. And it makes my house smell WONDERFUL! I am really in the Christmas spirit now. :)

Okay, about my Mother in Law.... She lives in a town about 1.5 hours away from us. My BIL called on Friday night and told me he was taking her to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing. I knew it was something major wrong with her, or she wouldn't have went to the ER. She would have tried to just gotten through the night and went to her regular doc the next morning. So I knew she must have been really bad off seeing as to how she wanted to go to the ER then. I called Greg at work and told him I thought we should go down there. By the time we got to the hospital, they were just admitting her. They still didn't know what was making her so short of breath. She was to the point of nearly passing out if she even stood up. If she just sat really still and didn't talk, she was okay. Still breathing really hard, but she was okay. But if she moved around, it was like she was gasping for breath. They started doing all kinds of testing on her heart. The found it all to be okay. It wasn't until the next morning that they found out the problem. She had a blood clot travel to her lung. Apparently she had DVT for a while, but she hadn't been diagnosed with it. The doctors said that nearly 99% of people that have a blood clot go to their lung dies from it. So we are lucky that she lived through it. I guess God has a plan for her. :) So remember her if you pray. We aren't sure when she'll get out of the hospital. She is so ready to come home.

I still have presents to wrap. My boys will be excited to come home from school and see all the gifts under the tree! I took a different approach to the gifts this year. I told my boys that since Baby Jesus had 3 gifts, they were getting 3 gifts. But of course, I couldn't stop at 3 gifts each. But they DO only have 3 presents under the tree. I put several things together in one box. I know that was cheating, but still............ LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh how scary for your MIL!!! I had several blood clots in my lungs 5 years ago and survived but just barely!!! Me and your MIL must be tough cookies!
Turns out there is no plan for me, just God wants me to make up for being rotten for so long, ha ha so gave me more time I guess!
They will let her home when her INR gets up to a certain number and that could take a few days. It took me TWO WEEKS!!!!! Hopefully they will get it right sooner for your MIL and she will be home for Christmas.
Hey, I like your background, very cute!