Monday, December 1, 2008



I never write in this blog. I started it months ago, but I've never gotten around to posting. So I thought that this cold, snowy day would be a perfect time to sit down and do it.


I have enjoyed this long weekend so much. I don't work on Monday's so I have the day to myself today. I have been cleaning all day. When my family is home for a long weekend, it seems like my house gets so junked up. Nothing is in it's place. I hate that. So I've been straightening up and doing laundry all day.


I had hoped to get the tree put up after the boys get home from school today. But I just got a phone call from the school saying that Chase and Trey both have an academic meet today. It's an away meet. It complicates things greatly for me. LOL.... I will have to run to the school to pick Trey and Trevor up. Chase will stay after school because he has basketball practice. Then Trey, Trev, and I will drive 30 minutes away to the academic meet. Then when that is over, I will have to drive back to the school to pick Chase up for his meet. And while I'm there, I will have to leave Trey there to get ready for his basketball game. Then I will have to drive BACK to the school where the meet is (yeah, 30 minute drive again) to drop Chase off at the Academic meet. I will leave him there with my friend and she will bring him back to the basketball game when it's over. After dropping Chase off, I will rush back to the school to watch Trey's game. When will they have time to eat? I guess I will have to hit the drive thru at some point. I hate it when it is this hectic. They love being on the basketball team though. So I'd never want them to give that up. And they like being on the Academic team.


They originally weren't going to be on the Academic team this year, but the coach and principal practically begged them (which made me SOO proud!!) to do it. I like the Academic team better myself. I am so proud of them when they answer questions that I don't even know the answers to. LOL.. I don't know where they get their intelligence.


I'm so proud of my boys. I know I'm blessed to have kids that are good kids. I have friends that have kids that are always in trouble, or get bad grades. So I know I'm lucky that they are like they are. I hope they stay on the path that they are on now. They will end up good, successful, and productive men if they do. They are growing up so fast. Sometimes when I look at Chase, it is hard to believe that he is the little baby that I learned so much from. I didn't know anything about being a mother when he came along. I was so young. I was only 6 years older than him when I had him! I was 20 years old. What was I thinking? LOL. I don't regret one single thing in my life up to this point though. I just hope my boys have an education before they settle down and get married.


Wow... I just re-read what I had written. I think that is a random post! LOL.. I kinda rambled on. But I didn't have anything in particular to write about. Maybe next post, I'll think about what I'm going to write about before I do it and it might not come out so random. ;)









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so fantastic and CUTE! The Academic meet sounds great, I wish we had something like that!
You're a good American cheuffer mom like me, ha ha. I like being a cheuffer to my kids, I have a schedule something like what you described there, sometimes, when things overlap for a period of time. I really do like doing it though, because when i was a kid I didnt have any fun stuff going on like that and it makes me SO HAPPY that my kids get to do sports and music and all that stuff they do. Like they will have a childhood they can be happy about.

Chris said...

Uh oh. Once you de-lurk, you can never go back you know? Now I know who you are! :) Creepy, isn't it? :)

Chris said...

Oops! Adorable kids, by the way! You don't look old enough to have anyone older than a toddler.

{oc cottage} said...

Don't think, just post!!! We all do ! :)

M ^..^

Windy said...

Yey! We got to "meet" you! Welcome to the addiction - I mean bloggy world. Have fun! I'll be back.