Sunday, December 21, 2008







I thought I'd post some pics of my Christmas tree. We decided to go with the real tree this year. And I love it. The only thing I don't like, is that it is too big. When we got it, we didn't think about the stand adding height. The Hubs kept saying he'd cut the bottom of it off so it wouldn't be too tall. But between working extra hours and his Mom being sick, he just didn't have time. And I was anxious to decorate it. So I just went ahead and decorated it. Even though it is too tall. LOL You'll see what I mean in this pic.










Over the years, the boys have all had a teacher that does the CUTEST Christmas craft with the whole class. She was the best teacher. We all loved her. She even married into our family a few years ago when she married my husband's cousin. :) Anyway, the ornaments are just a plain shatter proof ball ornament. The kids dipped their hands in white paint and made a hand print on the ball. Then, they would paint the 5 fingers into a snowman. You'll see what I mean in the pics. I tried to get all 5 snowmen in the pics, but it was hard to do. And since we have 5 in our family, these are really great.



And attached to each of the ornaments is this tag...



If you can't read that it says:
These aren't just five snowmen
As anyone can see.
I made them with my hand
which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree,
you'll look back and recall
Christmas 2005.
When my hand was just this small.
These ornaments mean more to me than any other I have. I'm grateful for Mrs. Teacher taking the time and having the patience to do this with my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful and those ornaments are adorable!! I love them! What a great idea!