Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lists

Since I've been laid off work and became a SAHM, I've been trying to get my house organized. I have never been good at balancing the kids, house work, work, and school. If I have that many things on my plate then something is lacking. And in the last year and a half it's been my house. So now that I'm not working or going to school, I feel like I can finally devote my time and energy to my home. I am a Martha wannabe. I have spent the last two weeks getting a lot of things done around here that I had overlooked. For far too long, I have only surface cleaned my house. I just picked it up enough for it to look clean. And it wasn't tidy. I have way too much JUNK! I've have a paper mountain that I need to level, a mountain of laundry, and a mountain of clutter. So far, I've gotten a HUGE jump on getting it all cleaned up. I have my laundry caught up (mostly anyway). I am trying to get on a schedule that will work best for me.


I've also been 'de-crapifying' my home. I have been boxing up all the duplicate things I have. I mean really, who needs 15 spatulas? And books. Wow. I can't believe how many books we have. My family is a family of readers. We love books. I'm having a really hard time parting with any of them though. But I'm going to have to bite the bullet and dump some of them into the giveaway box. I'm thinking about trying to find a volunteer fire department that will take all my house ware that I don't need. They will know of some family that needs those types of items. I have tons of curtains and comforter sets that I can dig out to donate also.


I'm hoping to get all this done soon so I can devote time to crafting. I have several projects that I want to try. And I don't want to get started on them until I have my house organized like I want it to be. I have an idea I've been swirling in my head.... I'm thinking of starting a home based vinyl business. I would like to start an etsy shop to sell my things in. I hope to get a refund at tax time to help get the vinyl cutting machine I'll need. And if I do get a vinyl shop, I will be sure to post all about it here in my blog. :)

No comments: