Thursday, July 22, 2010

Contemplating....

I love blog land for all the wonderful and talented crafters that I am able to access. There are so many talented people that just awe me with their works. I have been thinking and thinking (and thinking some more) about opening a shop selling some of the cute things I find on blogs and Etsy. I don't want to take the time to craft these beautiful things myself. And lets be real here, I don't have what it takes to make most crafts anyway lol. I would like to contact some of the sellers to see if they would like to sell a few pieces wholesale to me for my shop. I found flower pins, head bands, jewelry, handbags,and really really cute tee shirts. I could go on and on listing all the things I'd like to sell. And then the other day I found a website (via a blogger) that has the CA-UUUT-EST clothes ever. And I looked, and they sell wholesale. At really affordable prices. I can buy them and still sell them at an affordable price and turn a profit. Woot!

I live in a really small Podunk town. Now, I'm not talking bad about it, but the only places to shop around here for clothing are: Walmart, The Dollar Store, and Cato's. 3 stores people...3! And I don't like the clothes from 2 of them. : So this would give women around here the option to buy stylish clothing and accessories without having to drive 1.5 hours to the nearest mall. So I'm really giving this some serious thought. Wait, I said that already didn't I? :)

I am going to talk it over more in depth with my husband. Then start scouting around for some possible store fronts. Then....well, we'll see. If you pray, please say a prayer that I will get guidance from God on this endeavor. I can't remember when I was this excited about something. So I hope it works out.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I wish you all the best. Oh my the "3" stores is all you have? I couldn't survive!

Perhaps a consignment shop would be a great idea. I just gave away 5 bags full of beautiful clothes and shoes to the VETS.

Trust me, if I didn't gain weight, they would still be in my own closet!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea Mon, you have style and so please do have a store so I can buy SOMETHING thats not boring and momish!!!

Val said...

Sending postives vibes your way!! You can do it.